Of the four images in this series by Thomas Cole, my favorite is the third: Manhood.
Possibly, it’s because this is the stage in which I now find myself so it’s the one I relate to.
More likely it’s because this is the one painting in the series where all the action takes place and yet — the drama is not fully necessary.
Although the man in the boat is praying for deliverance from the turbulent waters, he is doing the one thing a person should never do in a small boat regardless of the conditions — STAND UP.
He prays to God but if he would sit and trust, the waters will become still again.
Let’s discuss how we need to “put away the things of a child” when we become an adult.
- 1-to-1 Life Coaching: www.ComplaintFreeCoaching.com
- Members-Only, exclusive access to Will: www.ComplaintFreeLife.com
- Website: www.WillBowen.com
- YouTube Channel: www.WillBowenVideo.com
- Podcast: www.WillBowenPodcast.com