In my bestselling book Happy This Year, I tell the story of my neighbor Jerry who was one of the happiest people I’ve ever met.
Back then I was in ministerial school and we were barely scraping by, so I was trying my best to maintain our 100+ year-old home.
One day I was trying to re-roof our porch (something I’d never done before) when Jerry and his son slowly edged me off the roof and onto the ground while they expertly completed the job.
Typical Jerry — spending every waking moment doing for others.
Today, let’s talk about how focusing on other people’s needs rather than our own makes us happier, less stressed, and decreases both worry and anxiety in our lives.
Today, let me nudge you up on the roof so you can help someone else get off.
- 1-to-1 Life Coaching: www.ComplaintFreeCoaching.com
- Members-Only, exclusive access to Will: www.ComplaintFreeLife.com
- Website: www.WillBowen.com
- YouTube Channel: www.WillBowenVideo.com
- Podcast: www.WillBowenPodcast.com